Your electricity bills need not be as high as they are. The following simple guidelines will help you save electricity and cut down your bills in addition to helping the nation make better use of its resources.
You can save up to 20% - 30% of your bill money by following these simple steps:
1) Use always the natural air and light, do not switch on lights during the day. 2) Promptly switch off the lights and fans when the occupants leave the room/hall. 3) Slim tube lights give better light and consume less electricity than the filament lamps. 4) Avoid opening the refrigerator frequently. Defrost it regularly. 5) Dry your clothes in the sun instead of using the dryer in the washing machine. 6) Use pressure cookers and avoid using electrical appliances if possible. 7) If you are using a geyser, bathe in quick succession and switch it off if it is no longer required. 8) Avoid switching on heavy duty appliances during peak hours (6 am to 9 am and 5 pm to 8 pm)
1) Avoid excessive illumination. Switch on the fans and lights only when there is a need. 2) Do not use neon sign boards. Use only painted sign boards. 3) Use energy saving compact fluorescent lamps for the illumination of your shops, showrooms, or hotels. 4) Try to switch on your room air conditioners and coolers at least one hour late and switch them off one hour early. If possible, avoid using such heavy duty appliances. 5) Consider closing the shops and showrooms precisely by 8 pm at night. 6) Use solar water heaters for hot water requirements of your hotels and lodges.
1) Provide shunt capacitors at the terminals of your three-phase motors which would reduce current consumption & also increase the life of your pump set.
2) Use rigid PVC pipes to get more discharge.
3) Avoid sharp bends and too many joints in the suction and delivery lines.
4) Use low-resistance foot valves.
5) Lubricate the pumpsets at regular intervals.
6) Choose suitable crop mix so that at least one crop in a year is grown with least water consumption.